Who doesn’t love pizza? I am such a kid — give me all the pizza, burgers, macaroni + cheese, + chicken nuggets. That’s my JAM for lunch or dinner. You can totally eat things like that all the time. Just make your own from home + focus on choosing high-quality ingredients where possible.
We love making pizza from home. Now my daughter can help, too — so it makes it that much more fun to throw together a pizza in a pinch.
Personally, I would rather make my own pizza at home than order it from a pizza place. I feel so much better after eating it [not guilt-wise, really… but, just don’t feel as crazy full + bloated]. Why? The ingredients I choose are better than a pizza place. Less crust, less oil, more protein, etc.
Homemade pizza is our go-to if we have a busy week ahead or if we forgot to take out a protein in the morning to defrost. I always keep premade pizza crust [like these] in my fridge or freezer to use to make pizza in a pinch. Not only is it great for pizza, but we also love making garbage bread with it!
Scroll for my 1-2-3 pepperoni pizza recipe!
- 1 pre-made thin pizza crust [I get this one at Stop + Shop]
- 1/3 jar of red sauce of any kind
- 2 cups diced-up mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese dolloped on top
- 1 cup mini pepperoni
- 2tbsp dried basil
- Preheat your oven according to pizza crust package.
- Lay out your pizza crust on a cookie sheet [line with parchment paper if your pizza crust doesn’t already come with it].
- Layer: sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni, ricotta, parmesan, + basil.
- Bake for approximately 18-25 minutes — keep an eye on it! Every crust/oven cooks differently.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before eating.
*Serving size: 3