- 1 lb uncooked Italian sweet sausage
- 1/2 bag whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1/3 jar healthy sauce [I used Trader Joe’s autumn harvest sauce here!]
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 3 chopped up organic peppers
- 2 chopped up organic yellow onions
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Boil sausage for 10 minutes in water.
- Spread chopped peppers + onions on a sheet pan + drizzle with avocado oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Take out sausage + use the same water to cook the pasta.
- Chop up sausage into bite-sized pieces + sautee in a pan on medium heat with coconut oil until edges are browned.
- Mix peppers, onions, sausage, + sauce with the pasta.
- Mix in cheese + enjoy!