Ok ok ok I know these might sound weird, but they are TOO GOOD not to share! We were making regular-ole stuffed peppers a few months ago + I always look to cook with what we have. I found cream cheese in the fridge that was almost on it’s way out + I turned to Bobby + asked, “Would it be weird to add cream cheese into these?!“
I really was leaning towards not trying it because it kind of sounded gross. He said, “Why not?” + I just took a chance. WOW! They were a slam-dunk. I only share recipes on here I absolutellllllllly love. Believe me, there have been some flops. This was not one of them!
Scroll for this easy, healthy stuffed peppers recipe.
- 6 organic peppers sliced in half
- 1 cup cheddar
- 1 cup mozzarella
- 2tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 bag TJ bagged frozen organic brown rice
- 1lb ground pork
- 1tbsp garlic powder
- Salt + pep to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown pork + microwave to rice.
- Add rice, garlic powder, cream cheese, coconut aminos, cheddar, + salt/pep in the pork pan + mix.
- Lay out peppers + fill with pork/rice mixture.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 min.
*Serves 4 [I use this recipe to batch cook for 2 nights of dinners for my husband + I!]