Wow. I just had to share this dinner recipe that I made 2 nights in a row because it was THAT GOOD! If you love cheeseburgers, but are looking for a new, lighter way to eat them, you definitely are going to want to try this healthy recipe ASAP.
This cheeseburger wrap recipe came out lightyears better than I even expected. I knew it was good because my husband told me it tasted delicious before I even had a chance to ask, “how does it taste?” — because… I am annoying like that + ask every single night.
Bobby said they taste like Wendy’s cheeseburgers + he is so right in that description. I think it’s the mayo that makes it taste that way. I LOVE the taste of Wendy’s cheeseburgers [just not how unhealthy they are]… so I took this as a compliment!
Scroll for the recipe:
- 1 large soft tortilla
- 3 ounces of lean ground beef [90%+]
- 2 slices of tomato
- 1/4 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 romaine lettuce leaf, washed
- 2 slices of American cheese
- 1/2 tsp ketchup
- 1/2 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 tsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- In a pan, cook beef until browned in a pan + add ketchup, spicy brown mustard, + dijon mustard the last 2 minutes + mix.
- While that’s cooking, sauté the onion in a pan until browned.
- Lay out your tortilla on a plate + layer: mayo, ground beef, onions, tomato, lettuce, + cheese.
- Fold the wrap on the edges + roll it so the ingredients are snug on the inside. Be careful not to overflow it so it can close completely.
- On medium heat, cook the wrap on both sides until lightly brown + crispy, cooking with the seam size down, first. This will make sure the cheese melts it completely shut! *I love THIS universal pan cover that fits almost any size pan. I use it every day!
- Transfer to plate + cut in half.