This post includes affiliate links.
For 4 weeks in a row, this recipe has been on repeat for lunch! I meal prep the same lunch every day for the entire week each Sunday so when I get ready for work in the am. It’s one less thing for me to prepare/pack.
What I love about this recipe?
It’s protein-packed + keeps me full.
It’s versatile (wraps, salads, dip with crackers, etc).
It’s super easy to make.
It’s made in the crockpot.
- 1lb organic chicken breasts
- 1cup low sodium chicken broth (or water)
- 1cup organic mayonnaise
- 2tbsp dill seasoning
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cashews (optional)
- 1/4 cup candied pecans (optional)
- In your slow cooker [I use one like this], place your chicken breasts + generously coat them with salt + pepper. Then, add the broth.
- Cook on high for 3.5-4 hours.
- With 2 forks, shred the chicken as much as you can + let sit in the broth on “warm” for a half hour so it’s moist.
- Take the chicken out with a slotted spoon + place in a large bowl, leaving as much water in the slow cooker as possible.
- Add the rest of the ingredients + mix well.
- Taste + add extra salt/pepper to your liking.