Who doesn’t love some carby, salty french fries? If you’re wanting to do a food swap of either takeout french fries or processed frozen ones, this is definitely a great recipe for you! It’s so easy. These healthy french fries take only 5 minutes to prep, 25-30 min to cook, + simply include 4 ingredients!
This is the air fryer I use to make them — if you don’t have it, you NEED IT. Seriously. It’s incredible. This nifty kitchen gadget not only is an air fryer, but a steamer + pressure cooker all in one! Totally worth the money. We use it at least 2-3 times a week now!
Scroll for the healthy homemade french fries recipe:
- 2 large potatoes
- spray olive oil [I use this mister]
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees [I use this one].
- Skin your potatoes, take the nubs off, + slice thinly into fries.
- In a bowl, spry olive oil all over the fries + grind salt + pepper on top generously. Keep mixing them in the bowl to add more oil, salt, + pepper till all fries are coated evenly.
- Dump into the air fryer basket + cook for 25-30 minutes. Using a tong, toss the fries every 8-10 minutes for even cooking.