This is one of our go-to cozy soup recipes during the winter months! I love how thick + creamy it comes out every time. We love to toast ezekiel bread to dip in it or we make simple grilled cheese sandwiches.
If you’d like a more soupy consistency, just add more chicken stock or any other kind of liquid you’d like with it to thin it out.
Not only is this a great dinner idea. But, it’s also a super simple meal prep recipe so you have lunch all week long in one batch!
- 2lb butternut squash, cubed
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups organic low sodium chicken broth (add more for a thinner, soupier consistency)
- 3tbsp organic salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On a baking sheet lined with tin foil sprayed with nonstick olive oil spray, lay out the cubed squash + top with 2tbsp olive oil and salt. Bake for 45 minutes or until roasted.
- After they’re roasted, take out a large pot. Pour 1tbsp olive oil + heat on medium temperature + add onions. Cook until see lightly browned.
- Add chicken broth + cook until it boils. Then add in roasted squash + let it sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender + blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Leave the soup cooking on low for 30 minutes, mixing a few times.